Chocolate Banana Pops
A healthy treat for kids or adults that incorporates hemp seeds, sunflower butter and bananas . . . dipped in chocolate. Delicious. This simple snack sneaks in protein, essential fatty acids and vitamin E (plus an array of minerals and vitamins such as vitamin B1, manganese, selenium, etc).
2 bananas sliced
1/3 inch thick
1/2 cup sunflower butter such as Organic Sunbutter (or natural peanut butter if you have no allergies to nuts)
1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil hemp seeds (optional)
Shiskabob skewers cut in half, or popsicle sticks
- Slice banana.
- Place 1 teaspoon of sunflower butter (or peanut butter) and stack a slice of banana on top.
- Spear the skewer slowly through banana slices and sunflower butter, be careful not to squish the sunflower butter out.
- Put skewered banana and sunflower butter on wax paper and pan in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil on the stove in a double boiler. I just used a pot filled it with water, boiled it and put a small metal bowl in it so the edges sit on the rim of the pot.
- Pour the liquid chocolate into a glass.
- Remove the banana sticks from the freezer and dip into the chocolate, top with hemp seeds. These need to be added quickly before the chocolate hardens.
- Eat frozen or when thawed out. Enjoy!
Click to download and save or print for your recipe box. Chocolate Banana Pops
Created by: Renee Altman, RHN from Verity Nutrition
Renee was raised in small town Kaslo in the West Kootenays. After graduating, she pursued a health and lifestyle path by enrolling in the Human Kinetics program at the University of British Columbia Okanagan in Kelowna. While attending university, she found her passion not only to be fitness, but also nutrition. In 2012, Renee attended the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Nanaimo, where she specialized in holistic nutrition. She then returned to the Okanagan where she now resides. Renée’s strong belief in healthy practices such as fitness, nutrition, and emotional well-being fit well with the principles of holistic nutrition.
Renee’s method is to ditch the diet and switch to a lifestyle where incorporating nourishing food everyday will have you feeling empowered and revitalized. Her plan will have you forgetting about trendy diets that leave you feeling hungry, irritable, and tired, and instead incorporating natural, alive, and good quality whole foods.