Chocolate ‘Reeses’ Easter Eggs- Nut Free!
Yields 7 eggs | Prep time 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes |
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life dairy free vegan chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over a flat surface like a cutting board.
- Roll dough into balls then form into egg shapes.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler (use a pot with boiling water then place a bowl overtop so the steam from the water melts the chocolate without burning it).
- Remove eggs from the freezer. Coat each egg with chocolate and place back on the parchment paper. sprinkle some sprinkles if you like (I used Lets Do Organic kind).
- Put chocolate eggs in the freezer until completely hardened (at least an hour). I pulled them out too early and they weren’t fully frozen and some broke as I tried to pull them off.
Store in fridge or freezer until ready to be eaten as the chocolate will become soft at room temperature.