Chocolate Banana Pops
A healthy treat for kids or adults that incorporates hemp seeds, sunflower butter and bananas . . . dipped in chocolate. Delicious. This simple snack sneaks in protein, essential fatty acids and vitamin E (plus an array of minerals and vitamins such as vitamin B1, manganese, selenium, etc).
2 bananas sliced
1/3 inch thick
1/2 cup sunflower butter such as Organic Sunbutter (or natural peanut butter if you have no allergies to nuts)
1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil hemp seeds (optional)
Shiskabob skewers cut in half, or popsicle sticks
- Slice banana.
- Place 1 teaspoon of sunflower butter (or peanut butter) and stack a slice of banana on top.
- Spear the skewer slowly through banana slices and sunflower butter, be careful not to squish the sunflower butter out.
- Put skewered banana and sunflower butter on wax paper and pan in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil on the stove in a double boiler. I just used a pot filled it with water, boiled it and put a small metal bowl in it so the edges sit on the rim of the pot.
- Pour the liquid chocolate into a glass.
- Remove the banana sticks from the freezer and dip into the chocolate, top with hemp seeds. These need to be added quickly before the chocolate hardens.
- Eat frozen or when thawed out. Enjoy!
Click to download and save or print for your recipe box. Chocolate Banana Pops