Vegan Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies
Indulge in this rich vegan, fudgy brownie as a well deserved treat or share with that special someone. It’s an delectable dessert for all to enjoy as these brownies are nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free and gluten-free.
Yields 12 brownies | Prep time 10 minutes | Bake time 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa powder (the dark stuff)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- dash of salt
- ½ cup avocado oil or grape seed oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 cup raspberries
- Set oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 inch pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, ground flax seed, and oil, stir and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine oat flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring constantly until fully combined.
- Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into glass pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let brownies completely cool before trying to remove them from the pan.
- Serve with mashed raspberries and drizzled with chocolate.
These are extra fudgy, so have a glass of ‘milk’ nearby!
Click to download and save or print for your recipe box: Vegan Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies
Created by: Renee Altman, RHN from Verity Nutrition
Renee was raised in small town Kaslo in the West Kootenays. After graduating, she pursued a health and lifestyle path by enrolling in the Human Kinetics program at the University of British Columbia Okanagan in Kelowna. While attending university, she found her passion not only to be fitness, but also nutrition. In 2012, Renee attended the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Nanaimo, where she specialized in holistic nutrition. She then returned to the Okanagan where she now resides. Renée’s strong belief in healthy practices such as fitness, nutrition, and emotional well-being fit well with the principles of holistic nutrition.
Renee’s method is to ditch the diet and switch to a lifestyle where incorporating nourishing food everyday will have you feeling empowered and revitalized. Her plan will have you forgetting about trendy diets that leave you feeling hungry, irritable, and tired, and instead incorporating natural, alive, and good quality whole foods.