Beet and Goat Cheese Thyme Pasta
Serves 3-4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
2 medium beets, peeled and halved
1/2 medium cooking onion, diced (~ 3/4 cups)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup soft goat cheese, herb variety
1/2 package of Kaslo Sourdough Pasta Spaghetti
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Peel and steam beets until soft (approximately 20 minutes).*
2. Dice onion and mince garlic. Add the oil in a sauce pan and saute onion,garlic and 5-10 sprigs of thyme on medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Add milk and 1/4 cup of goat cheese to the onion mixture. Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup of goat cheese for serving. Add salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water with a scant of salt. Add Kaslo Sourdough spaghetti and cook to desired firmness (8-10 minutes).
5. Remove sprigs of thyme from the saucepan and discard. Pour the onion and milk mixture and peeled beets into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
6. Drain the pasta. Combine the beet sauce with the pasta and sprinkle the remaining crumbled goat cheese on top.
Created by: Renee Altman, RHN from Verity Nutrition