The combination of tomato and sausage with creamy greek yogurt and sourdough pasta makes a delicious meal! This can be created dairy free too, just omit the greek yogurt and parmesan cheese for dairy free alternative.
Creamy Tomato & Sausage Pasta
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook time 25 minutes
4 servings Semolina and Quinoa Sourdough Pasta (or gluten-free alternative)
1 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. lean turkey sausages, chopped
1- 28oz. can diced tomato, drained (look for BPA-free varieties)
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese for topping (or dairy-free alternative)
1. Dice green pepper and onion, mince garlic and chop turkey sausage.
2. Oil a pan with coconut oil, heat on medium-high and add turkey sausage. Once the sausages are cooked half way add green pepper, onion and garlic. Then continue cooking until the onions are translucent.
3. Add drained diced tomatoes, oregano, sage, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes until liquid has absorbed (note: not all liquid will be fully absorbed). Remove from heat.
4. During the last 10 minutes of the sausage mixture simmering, boil a pot of water with salt. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook to desired tenderness (5-8 minutes). When finished cooking, drain and set aside.
5. Stir in greek yogurt only right before serving and combine with pasta.
Click to download and save or print for your recipe box: Creamy Tomato and Sausage Pasta