Autumn is the time between the expansion and activity of summer and the slowing down and the contraction and hibernation of winter. Once again, we acknowledge a moment of balance when the northern and southern hemispheres receive the same amount of sunlight and the days and nights are the same length.
1. Take out a journal, and pen.
2. The beginning of every season is an opportunity to clean out your old altars and create new ones. Create an altar for each element with some of the following suggested crystals, scents, and objects:
Earth (body, physical resources)
Water (intuition, cycles)
Air (new beginnings, communication)
Fire (relationships, passion)
3. Element by element, light a candle, breathe in one of the suggested essential oil scents, and then place a few drops of them on your crystals. Place your objects on the altars for an offering. Grab your journal and answer that season’s questions.
4. To complete the ritual, eat a piece of bread or something grounding like almonds or walnuts. Drink some water. Clap your hands three times and say, “[Your name], I love you, and I open myself to receive the love, guidance,healing of the Universe.”
5. Place the crystals in a bowl or bag and keep on your altar to represent the new energy you have called in. Blow out the candles.
Take action on any guidance you received. Note what you can change yourself and what you may need help with as we wade into autumn yet again.