Here is a paleo, grain free recipe that turned out amazing. No sugar added apple pie paleo pancakes! Since coconut flour is high in fibre, it helps slow the glucose intake and regulate the blood glucose from the natural sugar in apples, and cinnamon. Coconut flour makes a great addition to any meal, especially for diabetics.
Paleo Apple Pie Pancakes
Yields 16 3-inch Pancakes
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
3/4 Lemon, juiced and divided
1 medium Banana, mashed
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder + 1 tablespoon
1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 Apples (cored and diced)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk (or coconut milk), mashed banana, 1/3 of the lemon juice and vanilla until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add to the wet mixture about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking thoroughly.
4. Grease a large skillet with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Once hot, pour pancakes in the skillet, about 3-inches wide.
5. Once small holes begin to appear in the surface of the pancake, sprinkle a few apple chunks onto it and flip over. Cook each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Repeat until batter is finished.
6. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining apple chunks, cinnamon, the remaining 2/3 of the lemon juice. Stir until combine.
7. Mix the remaining 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons cold water, add to diced apples and turn down to low-medium heat. Let simmer and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until apple chunks are soft.
8. Top apple pancakes with chunky apple cinnamon sauce.
Click to download and save or print for your recipe box: Paleo Apple Pie Pancakes